Saturday, December 13, 2008

Not So Old Blues

Chorus
I was a half mile from the fruit stand,
But just a stone throw from hell,
I was a half mile from the fruit stand,
But just a stone throw from hell.

Verse I
I was kill ‘n time like old eve,
Just waiting on forever,
That old woman don’ Adam wrong,
My old woman don’ me wrong.

Chorus

Verse II
She’s a claim ‘n I did her wrong,
That old dog won’t hunt,
She’s a claim ‘n no wrong,
That old Abraham’s a watch ‘n,
She’s a scream n’ at the sun,
That old God’s not a watch ‘n.

Chorus

Bridge
Woman do ‘n me wrong,
Woman gone hang,
Woman done me wrong,
Woman led me down,
Woman ring ’n my neck.

Verse III
He’s a begging for a preacher,
That old dog don ‘good,
He’s a begging for a prayer,
John’s given no revelation,
He’s a run ‘n for that river,
Just another stone throw from hell.

Chorus

No comments:

 
DreamHost Coupons